Dynamic Functional Solutions Inc. ("DFSI") is committed to providing professional services in a courteous and safe environment that protects the rights of the persons served, respects their dignity, without discrimination. In the event that a person served is dissatisfied with the services that they have received, they have the right to submit a formal complaint and pursue a resolution to their concerns in a structured format that provides fair and impartial results through due process.
- Prior to participating in an Independent Medical Evaluation provided by DFSI, persons served will be informed of their rights and responsibilities.
- Persons served shall in no way be subject to disciplinary action or retaliation from the organization, in the form of denial or termination of services or loss of privileges, if they file a complaint.
- The organization will afford every reasonable opportunity for informal and/or formal resolution of the complaint and will provide assistance to the person served throughout the process.
- DFSI personnel will adhere to guidelines in this policy and will assist the persons served in accessing the information required, in order to resolve the complaint of the persons served to their satisfaction.
- All personnel of Dynamic Functional Solutions Inc. will be trained in the implementation of the Complaint and Appeals Policy and Procedure.
- Persons served will be informed of their right to be assisted throughout the complaint process by an outside representative at their own expense.
PROCEDURE FOR FILING A FORMAL COMPLAINT
- A person served can submit a formal complaint through their legal representative and/or their referring party. Alternatively a person served can submit a formal complaint directly to DFSI using the Formal Complaint Form, accessible when requested at www.dfsiime.com.
- DFSI will acknowledge receipt of the formal complaint and respond to the appropriate person(s) within 2 business days.
- DFSI will conduct an investigation into the complaint, which will consist of collecting information and insight from related persons, as required. Depending on the nature of the complaint, DFSI may seek legal counsel to assist and advise the organization, if required.
- DFSI will attempt to resolve the complaint, and provide a formal written response to the appropriate person(s) within 20 business days of receipt of the formal complaint.
- The formal written response will include the following:
• Date complaint filed.
• Copy of the original complaint.
• A summary of the investigation, which will include DFSI personnel involved in the investigation, and a statement of findings.
PROCEDURE FOR APPEALING THE DECISION OF A FORMAL COMPLAINT
- If the grievant is unsatisfied with the formal written response, he or she may appeal the decision through their legal representative and/or their referring party, or contact DFSI directly within 5 business days following receipt of the written response.
- DFSI will acknowledge receipt of the appeal and respond to the appropriate person(s) within 2 business days.
- Once a notice of an appeal has been received, an appeals committee will review the original complaint, investigation, and the formal response, and determine whether an alternative or revised response is warranted.
- Based on the recommendations of the appeals committee, the CEO will issue a formal written response to the appropriate person(s) within 30 business days of receipt of the appeal.
- DFSI will endeavour to resolve all complaints to the satisfaction of the persons served. Timelines for resolving a complaint and/or appeal are provided as guidelines.
ANALYSIS OF FORMAL COMPLAINTS
- DFSI will maintain a Complaint Log of documented formal complaints, including copies of written responses, and the outcomes of the process. The Complaint Log will be reviewed annually by senior leadership to identify where performance improvement is required.